Postpartum/ Newborn/ Family Home Visiting
Postpartum/Newborn Home Visiting services are provided at no charge by Health Department nurses to all first-time mothers and Medicaid eligible women and/or their infants shortly after birth. A one-time visit is provided to follow up on the mother’s and infant’s health after hospital discharge.
Services include assessing the health of mother and baby; counseling on family planning and infant care, verifying/arranging medical appointments; and early identification of any health or safety issues.
To request a Postpartum/Newborn Home Visit, call (919) 245-2442 or send referrals by fax to (919) 644-3312
- Care Coordination for Children (CC4C) services are available at no cost to any child age birth to five years who has speical health care needs or is at risk due to environmental stress.
- Postpartum/Newborn Home Visiting services are provided by Health Department nurses to Medicaid eligible women and infants shortly after they give birth.
- Child and Adolescent Counseling Program
Applying for Medicaid and/or Health Choice:
There are three ways to apply:
1. Apply online at ePass
2. Apply in person at the Department of Social Services
3. Download, print, fill-out, and mail a paper application to:
Orange County Department of Social Services
PO Box 8181
Hillsborough, NC 27278
Are you pregnant? Consider participating in this UNC research study: www.MotherBabyLab.com