Maternal Health Care
For more information about these programs, call us at
919-245-2400 (Hillsborough) or 919-968-2022 (Chapel Hill).
We provide the following maternal health care services:
Prenatal Clinical Services - Complete prenatal care, patient education and nutrition services. Fees are based on income. We also bill Medicaid and private insurance. Clinics are by appointment only. Click here to learn more.
Pregnancy Care Management Services are available to pregnant women who qualify for Medicaid. Care managers and prenatal care providers work together to help women achieve a healthy pregnancy. The following services are available at no cost:
- Working with medical providers to identify patient risk factors
- Helping patients overcome barriers to following recommended medical care
- Arranging transporation to appointments if needed
- Monitoring recommended medical care and medication use (such as 17P injections)
- Ensuring follow through with postpartum clinic visits
- Assisting with connections to Medicaid, Family Planning Waivers, and other community resources
- Child and Family Counseling Program - Confidential, specialized counseling for Medicaid eligible children ( up to age 21) and their families who need assistance with life's difficult problems.
- Health and Behavioral Intervention Program (HBI) - Offers confidential counseling for Medicaid eligible pregnant women.
Click here to learn more about both programs
Postpartum/Newborn Home Visiting
Home visiting services are provided to Medicaid eligible women andtheir babies after delivery at no cost by registered nurses. Click here to learn more.
Breastfeeding Support Program
Provides education and support through home visits and clinic visits to mother who are interested in and/or need help with breastfeeding. Services are available to any Orange County resident, in English or Spanish. Please call (919) 245-2408 for more information.
- Pregnancy and Parenting: A Legal Guide for Adolescents: Provides legal information, in English and Spanish, for teens and pre-teens who are pregnant or parenting. Parents and other adults helping these teens and pre-teens will also find the information useful.