more news

Food Service Establishment Forms and Applications

Request email notification when page changes Email me page updates

Before an operator can prepare and sell food in NC, a Permit for food service most likely will be required. Permits are issued by Environmental Health after a thorough review of menus, plans, and equipment considerations.  If you are in doubt whether the food service you are planning needs a Permit, please contact us. 

Planning a food service establishment? Complete this application and submit it to EH with the plan review fee prior to beginning any construction, installation. or site preparation.

Ready to open a food service establishment? Once construction, installation, and site preparation are almost finished, complete this application and consult the check list for requirements prior to opening.

Taking over an existing establishment or one has been closed for less than a year? Complete this application and submit it to EH with the plan review fee prior to assuming the ownership.

Food trucks, other mobile food units, and push carts? These applications may include further plan review for new trucks and an agreement required from the commissary.

Are you thinking about partnering in one of Orange County's incubator or community kitchens?    Operators wanting to prepare and sell food as a caterer, or operators needing a commissary, may be interested in shared kitchen facilities.  

Fee Schedule

Contact us