Is your family prepared for a tornado, hurricane, flood, or other disaster?
Emergency Supply Checklist
Here is what you will need to make your own emergency supply kit.
Checklist - Spanish (download)
Make a Plan
Disasters rarely strike on your schedule so it is important to have a plan in advance. Your plan should include things like:
- What are the safe places to seek shelter in your home?
- How will you contact your family, friends, neighbors?
- What should you do in various disaster situations (hurricane, tornado, fire, flood, etc...)?
Visit Ready.gov for a downloadable plan and other helpful information to make sure you are ready in advance.Links
- FEMA - Federal Emergency Management Agency
- CDC - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- SNS - CDC's Strategic National Stockpile
- NACCHO - National Association of County and City Health Officials
- Orange County Emergency Services
- When the Sky Turns Grey - Animated video about winter storm preparedness (click video below)
For volunteer opportunities in the state or county, please visit: Eastern NC American Red Cross, Orange County CERT and/or Mid-Carolina RAC SMAT/MRC.
American Red Cross Volunteer Opportunities
For volunteer opportunities with the American Red Cross, visit: www.redcross.org/volunteer/volunteer-opportunities, download the American Red Cross Brochure (PDF), or contact Jeffrey Isaacson, Volunteer Specialist of American Red Cross of Eastern North Carolina.