Affordable Care Act
Enrollment Period: November 1, 2016 - January 31, 2017
Enroll online: www.HealthCare.gov
Enroll over the phone: 1-800-318-2596
Toll-free NC Enrollment Assistance Appointment Hotline: 1-855-733-3711
Orange County Specific Information
- Orange County Enrollment Assistance Locations
To find an enrollment location close to you, visit www.HealthCare.gov, click on "Find Local Help" and enter your city, state, or zip code.
- Premium Help - Enrollees who meet certain income requirements, qualify for a federal premium tax credit and enroll in a Qualifying Plan may be eligible to receive support sufficient to cover 100% of the remaining premium cost. Click here to learn more.
Documentation you will need when you enroll?
- Social Security Numbers (or document numbers for legal immigrants) for everyone in your household who needs coverage
- Employer and income information for every member of your household who needs coverage (example: pay stubs or W-2 forms)
- Policy numbers for any health insurance plans currently covering members of your household
- A completed Employer Coverage Tool for every job-based plan that you or someone in your household is eligible for.
- NC Justice Center Factsheet - Immigrants in North Carolina and the Affordable Care Act
- US DHHS Office of Refugee Resettlement - ACA Resources for Refugees