Fleet and Facility Services
The Facility Maintenance division maintains all County buildings and facilities in a safe, comfortable, and presentable condition, balancing the various needs of departments, the public, and preventive maintenance, including:
- Facilities maintenance for all County-owned and leased properties, including carpentry, electrical, heating/ventilation/air conditioning (HVAC), painting, plumbing, and other trade skills
- Departmental moves, deliveries, pest control, and alarm servicing
- Inclement weather services for County buildings and parking lots
The Orange County Custodial staff takes pride in maintaining County buildings and facilities at a consistently high standard; providing a comfortable, clean, safe, and healthy environment for County employees and the public. Daily custodial services include:
- Daily cleaning of County buildings
- Scheduled floor care services (carpet shampooing, tile refinishing, etc.)
- Support for special events such as meeting set-ups
The Fleet Maintenance division maintains the entire County fleet of over 300 vehicles and 100 pieces of equipment; ensuring they are safe, efficient and reliable. Services include:
- Preventative and corrective maintenance to the County's fleet of automobiles, vans, ambulances, trucks, buses, special service vehicles, trailers, and other specialized equipment.
- Operations of a centralized fuel system for County-owned vehicles, including a propane fuel station.
- Road call and after hours assistance for all County owned vehicles and power generators.