Americans with Disabilities Act
Orange County Public Transportation (OCPT) provides complementary paratransit to eligible persons living within ¾-mile of OCPT’s fixed routes or those visiting locations within ¾ mile of the fixed routes.
Americans with Disabilities Act Title II
Complementary Paratransit services:
Orange County Public Transportation provides an equivalent accessible transportation option to people who are unable to use the fixed-route bus service because of a disability. Orange County Public Transportation provides rides, from origin to destination, within the ¾-mile of its fixed routes.
Transportation services are accessed by completing this application and being certified through Orange County Public Transportation, or if you are visiting from another area, by providing documentation of ADA certification from a transportation service in another area of the country.
Who should apply for ADA Paratransit services?
- People who are unable to use the fixed-route public bus services because of barriers like steep stairs, busy intersections, hills, lack of curb cuts, lack of sidewalks, unavailability of a lift on a public bus, weather-related heat or cold, difficulty traveling along and/or recognizing new destinations.
- People with mobility impairments due to visual limitations, arthritis, spinal cord injury, or other physical and/or cognitive limitations that are a barrier to using fixed route services.
How do you apply for ADA Paratransit services?
- Complete this application and sign the Applicant Agreement section.
- Have your doctor, rehabilitation specialist, or other qualified health care provider complete and sign the professional verification section.
- Send the completed application to:
Orange County Public Transportation
PO BOX 8181
Hillsborough, NC 27278
Or fax to: (919) 732-2137
* If you need an alternative format of this application or additional information, please contact us at (919) 245-2008 or email@example.com*