Orange County Master Aging Plan (MAP)
The Master Aging Plan (MAP) is a five year plan that provides comprehensive and coordinated delivery of community services and supports that foster lifelong community engagement and wellbeing to older adults in Orange County. The Department on Aging created its first MAP in 2002 and each new MAP continues to evolve to meet the needs, expectations, and contributions of a growing aging population.
There are a number of exciting new initiatives that are coming out of the 2012-17 Master Aging Plan: Transportion, Music in My Mind Orange County, and the most recent initiative, the Orange County Senior Housing Expo. Read about these initives at the links below, and watch for information about other intiatives coming soon.
This page is intended to make our tools, reports, and initiatives publicly available to assist other counties in the development of a Master Aging Plan and to inform the public about the "endless possibilities" in Orange County. Browse the links below for more information.
|Music in My Mind Orange County|
2012-2017 ORANGE COUNTY MAP
[ back to top ]
SENIOR HOUSING EXPOS
Senior Housing Expo: Saturday, October 25, 2014
The Orange County Department on Aging hosted its first Senior Housing Expo on Saturday, October 25, 2014. The expo was created to educate and inspire local seniors about innovative housing alternatives that are available in the county and those that are in progress. Intentional communities, universal design, smart technologies, tiny houses, and co-housing models were just a few of the ideas presented.
Browse the links below to learn about the Senior Housing Expo and the Orange County senior-housing movement:
- Senior Housing Expo Presentation Times and Descriptions
- Orange County Senior Housing Report
- Susan Adams: Can Technology Help Support Aging in the Community?
- Giles Blunden / Tim Toben: Generosity Farm, Journeying Together on a Community Farm
- Susan Fowler: Decision-Making in Community
- Jason Hart: Small, Green, Aging Friendly Home Design
- Brian Morton: A Rating System for Recognizing Elder Star Neighborhoods
- Cherie Rosemond / Rachel Wilber: What We Have Now and What We Say We Want
- Paul Voss: Hart’s Mill Ecovillage: planning for housing & commitment to aging in community
Saturday, May 20, 2017
- 2017 Aging in Community Senior Housing Expo II - Event Details
- 2017 Aging in Community Senior Housing Expo II - Flyer
- 2017 Aging in Community Senior Housing Expo II - Schedule
- 2017 Aging in Community Senior Housing Expo II - Program
[ back to top ]
On Wednesday, March 25, 2015, the Department on Aging continued the Aging in Community series with a presentation on "Tiny Houses" by father-son team Teal and Gerry Brown, the creators of Wishbone Tiny Homes in Asheville, NC.
Download the presentation and Regulatory Information below:Teal and Gerry Brown:
Wishbone Tiny Homes
Regulatory Information about Zoning and Building Code Regulations
[back to top ]