Long term care is a combination of services that help you meet your personal care needs by assisting with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs), such as bathing, dressing, and eating. Some services also help with Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADLs), such as housing work, paying bills, caring for pets and managing medications.
There are many different types of long-term care options in Orange County that offer a range of different services and way of life. It is important to familiarize yourself with all the options when choosing which long-term care facility is best for you or your loved one. Below you will find information about each type of service or facility, and links to where you can learn more about the options in Orange County for each type of long-term care.
|Assisted Living||Continuing Care
|Family Care Homes||Home Care Services|
|Companionship Agencies||Nursing Homes|
|Long-term Care Facility
Quality Service Award
The Adult Care Home and Nursing Home Community Advisory Committees conduct site visits at adult care, family care and nursing homes in Orange County.
To see the site visit report click on the links below:
- Adult Care Home Site Visit Reports
- Family Care Home Site Visit Reports
- Nursing Home Site Visit Reports
You may also want to explore the following resources:
- LongTermCare.gov: a site that provides a wealth of long term care information.
- Assisted Living Comparison Experts: a searchable site that provides detailed information about assisted living residences in North Carolina.
- Medicare.gov Nursing Home Compare: compare information about Medicare and Medicaid-certified nursing homes throughout the country.
- Family Care Homes: a list of family care homes licensed by the State of North Carolina, Department of Health and Human Services.