Volunteers make a difference! We rely on the hard work, love and commitment of our volunteers in all of our programs. To help, you may:
- email or call Sarah Fallin at 919-942-PETS (7387)
- print a volunteer application
- print a foster application
Read about our wonderful volunteers in this guest column, written as a part of Volunteer Appreciation Week!
- Kennel Assistants
- Dog Walkers
- Cat Socializers
- Information Guides
- Special Events
- Foster Care
- Clerical Assistance
- Speakers Bureau
Volunteer Age Guidelines
- Age 16 and older: volunteer with no special supervision
- Age 13 - 15 : volunteer with parent supervision
Volunteers may come to the Animal Services Center to volunteeer during the following hours:
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 8:30 – 6:00
- Tuesday, Thursday: 8:30 – 7:30
- Saturday: 8:30 – 5:00
There are two volunteer orientations scheduled each month and each one lasts about 90 minutes. All volunteers are required to attend orientation. Please pre-register for the orientation of your choice by emailing Sarah Fallin, Program Coordinator or calling 919-942-PETS (7387).
Volunteer training is scheduled every month. All vounteers are required to attend training. You must pre-register for training at orientation.