Current Property Auctions
In Rem Foreclosures
Next Sale Date: April 21, 2021 @ 12:01PM
To be held at the Orange County Courthouse Steps,
106 E. Margaret Lane, Hillsborough, NC 27278
ALL PROPERTIES ARE SOLD IN 'AS IS' CONDITION. INTERESTED PARTIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO RESEARCH ALL PROPERTIES THOROUGHLY PRIOR TO SALE AND BEFORE BIDDING ON A PROPERTY.
- Properties sold may be subject to IRS Tax Liens, City/County Taxes for any years not covered under our judgment, and other restrictions of record.
- It is your responsibility to research and obtain information regarding the property, prior to the sale.
- PURCHASER WILL RECEIVE A NON-WARRANTED SHERIFF'S DEED UPON COMPLETION OF THE SALE.
- The deed description may include portions of land that have already been sold off by the current owner and are NOT subject to the sale.
- If a bidder fails to follow through with their winning bid, the bidder will forfeit the deposit and the property will be resold. If the next bid is less than the original winning bid, a default judgment will be entered against the defaulting bidder for the loss.
- THIS IS A BUYER BEWARE SALE. ALL SALES ARE FINAL. WE OFFER THE PROPERTIES ON A 'WHERE IS' AND 'AS IS' BASIS. THE COUNTY MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OF WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. IT IS THE BUYER'S RESPONSIBILITY TO INVESTIGATE THE PROPERTY PRIOR TO BIDDING. Anyone considering buying property at a tax foreclosure sale should be aware that there is a risk.The County does not guarantee or provide any warranty.
- It is your responsibility to research and obtain information regarding the property, prior to the sale!! It is important to note that the deed description of the property or properties contained in this ad may or may not be the exact description of what is actually being sold. The property to be sold is that property contained in the deed description SAVE AND EXCEPT ANY CONVEYANCES OF RECORD. In other words, the deed description may include portions of land that have been sold off by the current owner, portions that are NOT subject to the sale.
- It is the High Bidders responsibility to check on the status of his/her Upset Bid with the Orange County Clerk of Court.
- Notice of Upset Bids will be mailed by first class mail in accordance with NCGS 1-339-64: however, we advise you to check the status of current bids REGULARLY during the Upset Bid process.
Below is a list of properties currently being foreclosed: All are sold subject to 2021 taxes that are not covered under this judgment.
- PIN #9767696227, County of Orange v. Claudia Aponte; File # 20 M 199; known as 203 Moonridge Rd Chapel Hill NC; Legal description: Located in Chapel Hill Township, Orange County, North Carolina: BEING ALL OF LOTS 3 AND 4 OF TIMBERLAKE ESTATES, ACCORDING TO PLAT BOOK 8 AT PAGE 5, ORANGE COUNTY REGISTRY. (PIN 9767696227, See Deed Book 1127, Page 93, Orange County Registry). Starting Bid $27,000 subject to change.
- PIN #9844766649, County of Orange v. ALPHONZO COLEMAN aka Alphonso Coleman, File # 20 M 182; Legal description: Located in Cheeks Township, Orange County, North Carolina and PARCEL # 9844766649, CONTAINING 5.33 ACRES MORE OR LESS, ACCORDING TO PLAT BOOK 107 PAGE 187, ORANGE COUNTY REGISTRY. (PIN # 9844766649, See Deed Book 1031 Page 231 & Deed Book 823, Page 527, Orange County Registry). Starting Bid $10,500 subject to change.
- PIN #9822212797, County of Orange v. TEDDY EUGENE OLIVER HEIRS, File # 20 M 185; Legal description: Located in Bingham Township, Orange County, North Carolina and BEING ALL OF LOT NUMBER ONE (1) of the Mebane Oaks Estates subdivision as shown in a plat recorded in the office of the Register of Deeds for Orange County, North Carolina in Plat Book 24, at Page 43, and said plat is incorporated as a part of this description by reference. (PIN # 9822212797, Deed Book 1266, Page 80). LESS AND EXCEPT that certain portion of land containing .33 acres now located in ALAMANCE COUNTY per the Alamance/Orange County Line Surveys recorded in Plat Book 109 Pages 67-90, Orange County Registry. Starting Bid $5,500 subject to change.
- PIN #9768056273 County of Orange v. MONISA FARRINGTON, PAMELA BYNUM EDWARDS, JACINTA FRAZIER, ROBERT RUSSELL, RUTH LONG; File # 20 M 200; Legal description: Located in Chapel Hill Township, Orange County, North Carolina: All of that certain tract or parcel of land situated, lying and being on the East side of a public road (recently referred to as Gates Road) and being part of the Thomas Farrington 59 acres tract of land purchased from E.C. Neville in 1928, see Deed Book 91 at Page 308, Orange County Registry, and being more particularly described as BEGINNING at the point in the East line of said public road where the branch runs thereunder, a corner of the Neville Estate property; running thence with said stream and with the Neville line North 82 ° East 110 feet, North 20° East 100 feet, North 80° East 140 feet, North 12° West 80 feet, North 60° East 155 feet, North 80° East 200 feet, North 35° East 100 feet, North 60° East 100 feet and South 85° East 100 feet to a Cedar tree, a new corner; running thence, new lines through the Thomas Farrington Estate property, North 2° East 300 feet to a stake and pointers and South 80° West 750 feet to the line of the public road; running thence with the East line of said road South 10° West 542 feet to the Beginning and containing 8.10 acres, more or less, as surveyed and platted by J. Ralph Weaver, Reg. Sur., on March 26, 1968. (See deed Book 216 at Page 259, Orange County Registry, PIN #9768056273). LESS AND EXCEPT that property deeded to Carroll & Curtis Farrar in Deed Book 259 at Page 1977, containing 1.01 acres, more or less; that certain property deeded to Mary & Fred Lynn in Deed Book 295 at Page 142; and that certain property deeded to Betty Sue Edwards in Book 522 at Page 527, containing 1.02 acres, more or less. Starting Bid $15,000 subject to change.