Orange County Public Transportation
Orange County Public Transportation’s Administrative Office will be closed on April 10, in observance of Good Friday. The Hillsborough Circulator will not be in service. Orange County Public Transportation will only provide transportation to Carrboro Dialysis.
In response to COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Orange County Public Transportation will be operating on a modified schedule. Effective Wednesday, April 1st OCPT will take reservations for medical appointments only and fixed-route service will be as follows:
- Hillsborough Circulator: 8 am - 2 pm
- Orange-Alamance Connector: No Service
- Orange- Chapel Hill Connector: No Service
During this time we ask that when possible to limit your time spent on public transit and when necessary please remember to do the following:
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer when available.
*OCPT will temporarily operate a fare-free service until further notice; please be advised that service is still modified to the above text*
- Non-Medicaid Trips: Call Reservation Line 919-245-2004
- Medicaid Trips: Call Orange County Department of Social Service Voicemail 919-245-2774 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Beginning March 18, 2019 OCPT will have upgraded its reservation and scheduling system:
With this upgrade, OCPT made some minor changes to operations. To see how these changes may affect you, please read the detailed announcement Click Here. For all reservations please call 919-245-2004.
Orange County Public Transportation is a transit organization committed to promoting a healthful quality of life for all residents of Orange County, NC. Orange County Public Transportation strives to provide a comprehensive continuum of locally-accessible, community-based transportation services.
TDD/ TTY: (919)644-3045
*All Passengers MUST pay fare at the time of ride*
Demand Response Services:
Medicaid Transportation Service (Non-Emergency Medical Transportation-NEMT)
Complimentary Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Transportation
Services Provided by Rural Operating Assistance Program (ROAP) Funding:
- Elderly and Disabled Medical Transportation ( EDTAP)
- Rural General Public ( RGP)
- EMPL (Department of Social Service: Work First)