Register of Deeds
The Register of Deeds serves as custodian and manager of a large number of public records. By law, the Register of Deeds is charged with the integrity, accuracy, and safekeeping of these public records.
The Orange County Register of Deeds office accepts documents through four primary sources. Documents are prioritized for recording in the order listed:
- Electronic Recording
- Express Mail
The services provided by our office include:
- Administering notary oaths: 8 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
- All e-recording: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Issuing marriage licenses: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Personal information redaction
- Providing certified copies of documents (including birth and death certificates and military discharges)
- Recording legal documents and maps: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
This department was designed to provide information and services to the public, insight into what we do and to answer any questions you may have concerning the services we provide.
If you have any other additional questions, or if we may be of help in any other way, please feel free to contact our office at 919-245-2675.
Important Notice Of Law Change: Effective December 1, 2017
Please see changes under Business Names page.
Please note that if you wish to locate data containing present tax information or map location, you may want to visit the Tax Department or Land Records GIS Division before searching with this department.