About the Program
If you live in Orange County and struggle to control your child’s asthma, Orange County Health Department's Healthy Homes program might be the resource for you! Healthy Homes is a free program for families that can help you take control of your child’s asthma. It has been proven to significantly reduce emergency room visits and improve asthma symptoms.
The Healthy Homes Coordinator will schedule a home assessment and identify environmental triggers that may be making your child’s asthma worse. They will provide you with a report on how to make your home healthier.
During the home assessment, the Healthy Homes Coordinator will:
- Identify potential asthma triggers and home safety hazards.
- Provide health education on environmental health/home safety measures, green cleaning practices, and affordable housing resources.
- Follow-up on a 30, 60, and 90-day basis to ensure improved health outcomes and behaviors.
Who it Serves
This program serves families who:
- Live in Orange County
Scheduling an Assessment
- Contact Ashley Rawlinson, at email@example.com or (919) 245-2440
- To make a referral for a home visit for a child with poorly controlled asthma who lives in Orange County use the provider referral form (PDF).
Interpretation and translation services are provided upon request.
- North Carolina Healthy Homes
- Department of Health and Human Services Asthma Program
- University of North Carolina Children's Asthma Education Videos
- National Center for Healthy Housing
- CDC Asthma Resource Page
- EPA Asthma Home Environment Checklist