Free Freshstart Classes
The Orange County Health Department offers free Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) patches, gum, and lozenges to those who live or work in Orange County and enroll in our free, freshstart group support classes. Quitting tobacco use alone can be tough. You can increase your chances of quitting for good by getting support and NRT. Supply is limited so call today!
To qualify, you must:
- Be 18 or Older
- Complete intake and follow-up surveys
- Live or Work in Orange County
- Commit to a Quit Date
- Attend Freshstart series
Classes meet one hour per week for four sessions. Classes are offered in Hillsborough and Chapel Hill. Classes generally occur every quarter.
Call now to find out when the next class starts and to register for the free class and Nicotine Replacement Therapy. We will consider offering classes offsite for groups of five or more people who are interested. View more information about the classes in English (PDF) and Spanish (PDF).
Sign up Now!
Call 919-245-2480 or email Orange County to sign up.
Smoking Cessation Resources
- Orange County Smoking Cessation Resource Guide - View in English (PDF) or Spanish (PDF).
- North Carolina Quitline - Quitline North Carolina provides free cessation services to any state resident who needs help quitting tobacco use, and Orange County residents may be eligible for free nicotine patches, gum or lozenges through the Quitline. Call 1-800-784-8669 or 1-855-335-3569. You can alse reach them by TTY at 1-877-777-6543, or register online.
- The American Cancer Society’s Guide to Quit Smoking - Information on everything from the reasons to quit smoking, to social acceptance issues, to tips and strategies.