Inspections service changes
- Office Hours: The office will reopen to the general public beginning January 31, 2022. Staff and public will maintain social distancing and face coving protocols while in the building.
- Meetings: In-person meeting [when necessary] must be pre-scheduled (with staff member receiving the meeting) and conducted in new meeting rooms. Correspondence and communication are encouraged to be by phone or email.
- Plan Review: Residential and Commercial reviews are performed electronically by reviewer. Plans will be received by email or by coordination with Property Development Specialist using file sharing means. Flash drive or external media devices are not accepted.
- Fee Payment: Payment by credit card will be processed by electronically. Checks and cash are accepted but discouraged. Protocols will be in place for handling in-person payments.
- Permits: Submission and processing of permit documents are preferred through electronic and remote means. Physical documents will be accepted in lobby drop boxes. Submission of large format plan documents are to be coordinated with plans examiner or property development specialist.
- Pre-construction Meeting: May be scheduled by coordinating with Chief Inspector.
- Inspections: Requests for inspection are taken by calling 919-245-2600. Please identify when scheduling if inspection is to be performed in an occupied building. Inspectors are working remotely from home and vehicles. All inspections are scheduled for the next business day. Coordinate any specific inspection need with the inspector himself
Please use the numbers (office) [cellular] or emails listed below
**These emails receive application and document submissions
- Robert Alcorn (245-2617) [883-7947] email@example.com
- Christopher Wiggins (245-2620) [883-7944] firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gregg Lassiter (245-2615) [932-0567] email@example.com
- Jennifer Geda (245-2607) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Keith Barnhouse (245-2605) [883-7950] email@example.com
- Jocelyn (Josh) Gentry (245-2612) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jessica Gentry (245-2619) email@example.com
- Linda Pulley (245-2601) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mark Dunlap (245-2602) [257-1685] email@example.com
- Michael Rettie (245-2604) [316-9268] firstname.lastname@example.org
- Romina Khandani (245-2616) email@example.com
- Nicholas Perry (245-2622) [883-7949] firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jeanneane Norwood (245-2600) email@example.com
- Greg Byrd (245-2483) [338-4696] firstname.lastname@example.org
- General Statute 143-139 mandates code enforcement inspections be performed within 2 business days of being requested.