What is the FSA Connections Program?
The FSA Connections program was designed to support families upon graduation or completion from the Family Navigator program. It allows FSA to maintain contact with families formerly assigned to a navigator as well as to provide services to those families on the Family Navigator waitlist to ensure that needs are addressed pending a navigator assignment. FSA Connection families will continue to have access to information in regards to resources in their communities of Orange County and changes to vital programs, such as NC Medicaid transformation, via weekly or monthly updates. These families will also have access to the FSA Connections Navigator as needed for issues or matters specific to their family. By maintaining contact with these families, FSA will also be able to continue measuring family outcomes as a modified, shorter version of the assessment will be completed with each family every 6 months.
Families Need to Know:
- The family is no longer assigned to a navigator; services are provided as needed.
- FSA will have updates available via the FSA/County website and will also post important info via the FSA Facebook account. Information may also be communicated via text or email messages.
- Families may communicate with the Connections navigator face-to-face via an
appointment or during walk-in hours, via phone and/or email.
- Consent forms will still remain on file for each family member but will need to be updated annually to assist with referrals or other needs.
- If a family or the FSA Connections navigator finds that a family’s needs are greater than what can be addressed within the program, the family can be referred to the navigator program for re-assignment to a navigator. The family may be placed on the waitlist and families will be assigned to navigators based on availability and caseload capacity. Families may not always have the option to work with former navigator.
- FSA Connections is not a crisis-based service; however, the navigator is able to provide support by linking families to specific resources/agencies based on need.
Meet the FSA Connections Navigator:
Erika Cervantes Munoz | phone: (919) 245-2468
fax: (919) 245-0896
Mondays: 8:30am - 12:30pm
Tuesdays and Thursdays: 1pm - 5pm
And by appointment!