Reserve a Study or Meeting Room
The Orange County Public Library in downtown Hillsborough provides welcoming study rooms for residents, county departments and community organizations.
Three study rooms are available on the 2nd floor of the Main Library in downtown Hillsborough. The smaller study rooms can accommodate up to 2 people, and the large study room can accommodate up to 6. There is no charge for study room use.
Reservations may be made online, in person at the information desk on the 2nd floor, or by calling Adult & Teen Services at 919.245.2536.
Study Room Reservation Guidelines
- Study rooms are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis, for up to 2 hours at a time. You may request to extend use of a study room for up to 1 hour if no one else has reserved it
- Customers who show up 15 minutes after the beginning of their reserved time, risk having their reservation canceled
- Reservations may be made up to 1 month ahead. Only 1 reservation may be made at a time
- Customers must exit the room 5 minutes before the end of their reservation time
Main Library Meeting Room
The Main Library in Hillsborough has a meeting room perfect for gatherings for up to 95 people. There are tables, chairs, a staging kitchen, and AV equipment available for your use. Free parking can be found in the nearby parking deck, town parking lots, and along downtown streets. More information can be found here.
Meeting Room Reservation Guidelines
- Meeting room reservations may be made between 3 and 90 days in advance. The room cannot be reserved same day
- Online reservations must be at least 1 month apart
Other Meeting Spaces in Hillsborough and Carrboro
- You can check with the county's reservation system for spaces in other county facilities
- Hillsborough - Hillsborough/Orange County Chamber of Commerce (they may know of other facilities in the Hillsborough area)
- Carrboro - YouthWorx on Main (they have meeting space)