Employment Services for Older Adults
Orange County Department On Aging offers help if you are searching for a full-time or part-time job, exploring a different career, or wanting to start a business. Mike Komives, Employment Specialist, is available on Mondays and Fridays at the Seymour Center, and Wednesdays from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM at the Passmore Center.
You can meet with him individually to receive guidance on Resumes, Cover Letters, Telephone and In-Person Interviewing, LinkedIn, Networking, Guiding your Contacts, Addressing Age Discrimination, Negotiating Compensation and Salary, and more. To schedule an appointment, e-mail: email@example.com, or call 919-616-8778
- Resumes have changed! Is yours current?
- 50% of all jobs are not posted! How do you find them?
- LinkedIn is a very effective resource. Is your profile strong?
- Age Discrimination exists. Tips for how to address it.
- Guiding your contacts is important. Don’t use your resume.
- Some part-time jobs come with health-care insurance.
- Interviewing – “Why Should We Hire You?”
- You don’t get a 2nd chance to make a 1st Impression. How you look matters.
Orange County Employer Questionnaire
Orange County Department on Aging (OCDOA) helps Orange County residents 55+ years of age meet their social, mental, physical, financial, and day-to-day practical needs. These include people searching for full- or part-time jobs, wanting to start their own business, or volunteer.
Our Employment Specialist is at the Seymour Center on Mondays and Fridays, and the Passmore Center on Wednesday mornings, meeting with people individually and conducting workshops. Many of these job seekers want to work in Orange County.
Here’s how you can help us. We’re developing a list of Orange County employers who hire people 55+ years of age or older. We would appreciate your taking a few minutes to complete a brief online Employer Questionnaire.
Please know that our knowledge and information might be of interest to you. Should you want or need to hire people for your business, we will refer qualified individuals to you – AT NO COST to you.