We currently offer two types of book clubs, those led by librarians and others led by community members. All book clubs are open to anyone who wishes to join!
Carrboro Book Club - in-person with the option to join via Zoom
This club meets the 4th Tuesday of the month at 6:30 p.m. Register online or by calling 919.245.2525 (Main Library in downtown Hillsborough) or 919.918.7387 (Cybrary in downtown Carrboro). You will receive the Zoom code the day of the book club.
- June 28 - Afterlife by Julia Alvarez
- July 26 - Telephone by Percival Everett
- August 23 - Light Perpetual by Francis Spufford
- September 27 - Conjure Women by Afia Atakora
- October 25 - Weather by Jenny Offill
Not a Book Club -- via Zoom
The next best thing to reading a good book is talking about it with our fellow readers. Join us online the 2nd Thursday of the month at 6:30 p.m. for an informal book discussion. We’re "Not a Book Club," so there’s no assigned reading and no pressure. Just grab a cup of coffee or a glass of wine, and let’s talk books! Register here or call 919.245.2525 for more details.
First Monday Classics (Hillsborough)
This club meets the 1st Monday of the month at 6:30 p.m. Please email James Maxey for more details.
- January 3 – Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf
- February 7 – Another Country by James Baldwin
- March 7 – Tess of the D’Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy
- April 4 – Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
- May 2 – The Invisible Man by H.G. Wells
- June 6 – Animal Farm by George Orwell
- July – Holiday – no meeting
- August 1 – David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
- September – Holiday – no meeting
- October 3 – Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
- November 7 – Beloved by Toni Morrison
- December 5 – Mrs. McGinty’s Dead by Agatha Christie
Tuesday Evening Book Club (Hillsborough)
This club meets the 2nd Tuesday of the month at 6:30 p.m. in the Main Library's meeting room. For meeting information, please contact Sara Levinson.
- March 8 – Meet Me at the Museum by Anne Youngson
- April 12 – Stupid Things I Won’t Do When I’m Old by Steven Petrow
- May 10 – The Lincoln Highway by Amor Towles
- June 14 – The Code Breaker: Jennifer Doudna, Gene Editing, and the Future of the Human Race by Walter Isaacson
- July 12 – Banned Book of your choice
- August 9 – Reader’s Choice
- September 13 – The Hidden Life of Trees by Peter Wohlleben
Book Club Kits
If you’d like to start your own book club, we can help. Each kit includes a reader’s guide that contains discussion questions and/or an author spotlight. Find out more information here.